Monday, February 21, 2005

Mickey Kaus on the leaked presidential recordings:


The treachery is that Doug Wead waited until after the election:

"I don't want some little kid doing what I tried ...."

"The Bible is pretty good about keeping your ego in check. ... "

"I think it is bad for Republicans to be kicking gays. ... "

[When told that a supporter was saying he'd promised to not hire gays] "No what I said was I wouldn't fire gays. ... "

"I am going to tell the truth and do the right thing, dammit, without fear or favor, with malice toward none and charity toward all--and if my political advisers tell me that will cost me power and fame, so be it!"

OK, that last one was made up. But another round of explosive front-page revelations from secretly recorded phone conversations like today's and Bush's approval will hit 70 percent.


Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.