Sunday, August 21, 2005

I've set up an Amazon Pay Box over on the right side of the blog. I'm hoping to collect enough
money to buy a Slingbox. It's one of the neatest pieces of technology I've ever seen. It can be hooked up to your television, Tivo, satellite, etc. and it can send the signal to your pc anywhere in the world you can get a wi-fi signal. It costs about $250, and I cannot afford it. Anyway, if you click on the box and make a donation, I'll post embarrassing photos of myself for every $25 I receive.

For a taste of what you can expect, see the two photos to the right. Much like Al Bundy, I was a high school sports star (in my own mind). Now I'm an insurance adjuster. I'm not sure what happened, but it is what it is. And just like Al Bundy trying to get home to watch Hondo, I really want a Slingbox.





I'm so pathetic, I couldn't find a high school photo,
so I took a picture of an artist's rendition of what I looked like at the time.

















And the transformation to the present.
Won't you help?







Update: I suppose I could also appeal for donations to help keep Lapeer Living running, but it doesn't cost anything (but my time), and I like doing it. I have actually made money from the ads you see running in the right column. For the eight months Lapeer Living has existed, I've generated 76 cents of ad revenue. I don't think Google sends a check until you hit ten bucks. So, I'm on pace to cash my first check in like, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.