Sunday, February 05, 2006















So, the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is real. I thought I'd have something witty to write, but I've got nothing. On the other hand, the Torch of Friendship memorial is not lit. Most of the countries on the memorial aren't terribly friendly with us lately, so I guess it's apt. I wanted to take a photo of Ponce De Leon, the statue not the man (what a cool name, it just rolls off the tongue), but some fellow was sitting on it and he didn't look like he was planning on moving on anytime soon. I rode the Metrorail train back to the hotel as I've had my fill of walking for the next month. I'm going to call the front desk and see if they'll take me down in a cart to the lobby tomorrow. Now that I'm back on whimpering about my day, I do wish to point out I made the entire trek wearing $10 Kmart sandals that I fixed with Shoe Goo last week. Top that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.